Salah is an Arabic word that means “worship”, a major act of worship that is obligatory on every Muslim. Salah is the 2nd pillar of Islam that needs to perform five times a day. Salah or prayer is a practical sign of obedience to the commands of Allah Almighty, the proof of our faith in Allah (S.W.T) and religion Islam. Salah is a source of direct communication with Almighty Allah. Moreover, it also refrains a person from evil deeds and bad habits. There are five daily prayers Fajr, Zuhr, Asr, Maghrib, and Isha that need to perform daily at their specified times.
The establishment of Salah is one of the major topics upon which Allah (S.W.T) in the Holy Quran has emphasized more than anything else. One’s success lies in the five daily prayers. The Holy Prophet (S.A.W) said: “The first of his deeds for which a man will be called to account on the Day of Resurrection will be the prayers. If it is found to be perfect, he will be safe and successful. But if it is defective, he will be unfortunate and a loser.”
Benefits of Prayers
Below mentioned lines give the major benefits of Salah that elaborate on the importance and benefits of Salah.
- Prayer is the shield against evil deeds and bad habits. Allah Almighty says in the Noble Quran:“Verily, prayer restrains (oneself) from shameful and unjust deeds…” (Quran, 29:45)
- Prayer is the preferred means of invoking Allah Almighty. When a person worships Allah he or she develops a connection with Him and any invocation within that or after that connection is bound to be accepted by Allah more compared to invocation done in any other circumstance.
- Islamic equality shows through prayers. When Muslims offer prayer in the congregation, rich and poor, high and low, all stand shoulder to shoulder. It is the best scene of mankind’s equality in the religion Islam.
- Prayer satisfies our spiritual needs to be in contact with our Creator. This gives the soul peace and pleasure.
- Those who pray five daily prayers become humble that Almighty Allah loved and associated its success. Allah (S.W.T) says in the Holy Quran: “Successful indeed are the believers, who are humble in their prayers.” (Quran, 23:1-2)
- Muslims become pious and moves on the righteous path. In this regard, prayer has a great role to play as it promotes Taqwa or piety among believers.
- Prayer safeguards one’s physical and spiritual health.
- Those who offer five daily prayers their heart strengthens with the faith of Allah Almighty.
- Performing prayers is a means of developing a connection with Allah Almighty and when a Muslim does so five times a day, then the consequent relationship is to naturally grow strong.
- Prayer saves Muslims from the Hellfire. The daily five prayers are a source of comfort for the Muslims.
- By offering prayer, a Muslim’s misdeeds are forgiven, his good deeds duplicated and then get closer to the Lord of the Heavens and the Earth.
- Those who offer prayers daily can easily get rid of laziness.
- Salah brings on the blessings and mercy of Allah (S.W.T).
- Salah is the nourishment for the soul.
In conclusion, Allah Almighty emphasized praying five daily prayers and explained its importance in the Holy Quran. A Muslim must realize that above anything, Salah is an obligation and every Muslim has to fulfill this obligation and get blessings from Almighty Allah.